Saturday, September 20, 2008

Four is way more than three



Four is way more than three, and I'm not saying that to scare anyone off who may be contemplating adding a fourth child to their family "quiver". Baby Aria is already 7 months old and I feel like I'm missing it all. Alister turned 3 years old last week and the twins are below my chin at 8 years each. My science fiction side desires the invention of a suspended animation suite where I can set aside time in order to appreciate the developments and special personalities of each dear gift from God. No such thing. Unless this "blogging" thing is all I've heard it can be...
Aubrey and I attempted some beginning poetry the other day and it reminded me that I actually enjoyed composing prose in my childhood.

ARIA JOY

After sleeping she call with a cry,
Running to her crib, we giggle and sigh,
Incredibly sweet with a toothless grin,
Always happy & pink, our hearts she wins.

Just how sticky are those chubby cheeks?
Only we that kiss them really know!
Young precious girl, crafted by God.




AUBREY JANE

A little girl I call my own.
Up and down, around, our home.
Bright eyes that love her friends,
Reading, reading, still more reading!
Exciting stories fill her mind,
Youth that bubbles; skipping in song.

Just a beautiful creature
And my first born daughter,
Now I can't remember,
Ever living without her!

























3 comments:

Nelle said...

LOVE the poetry.....the blog is looking good! Keep it up! I LOVE being inspired by YOU!

Our growing family said...

HI!
You have a blog! How exciting! I will have to add you to my list of blog I check! I didn't have a chance to read it right now, but I will come back tonight when everyone is in bed!
You look amazing!!!
Hope you all are well,
tarena

Our Four Kids said...

I love the poetry and the other entries too! You are so eloquent with your words!

Love,
Stephanie