
It's Thursday morning and I'm powering my way through yet another detailed organizing job. Purging pointless old "stuff" always gives me a charge! As I pulled used piano method books off the bookshelf, I suddenly noticed the musical symphony pouring forth from the dining room and kitchen from four children and a spouse busy with morning routines. This combination of noises is usually almost invisible to me, but today it blessed me as I intentionally tried listening to each strain of this home style music composition:
Alister - Something like a train? "chh chh chh" Followed by various high pitched sound effects and an abrupt transition into a classical choir piece done in 3 year old style, complete with head bobs to an invisible beat.
Austin - Always singing a harmony part, even if he's harmonizing with the existing harmony part! This is the "neutral gear" for Austin, he's always deeply in tune with something.
Aubrey - Usually humming in the upper register. Her recent favorite is "Jubilate Deo" from Cantate Choir. She has a surprising range!
Aria - Eating her breakfast, "hummmmm. Mmmmmm. Mmmmm" She likes to eat as much as I do. Go figure.
Steve - His work shoes have a signature percussion effect in the middle of all of this as he scuffs about the kitchen helping get food for everyone. He is a consistent and faithful "beat" for our family.
What is MY part in all of this? Hmmmm.... My parts shift and change depending on the moment: I am the triangle player that gets everyones attention for chores, the trumpet that puts a splash on our home school learning, the violin that comforts and rocks the babies (sometimes I whine...), the piano accompaniment for Steve's ideas and occassionally I get to "direct" the whole ensemble to go to bed and recharge their instruments for another day.
Fine
Alister - Something like a train? "chh chh chh" Followed by various high pitched sound effects and an abrupt transition into a classical choir piece done in 3 year old style, complete with head bobs to an invisible beat.
Austin - Always singing a harmony part, even if he's harmonizing with the existing harmony part! This is the "neutral gear" for Austin, he's always deeply in tune with something.
Aubrey - Usually humming in the upper register. Her recent favorite is "Jubilate Deo" from Cantate Choir. She has a surprising range!
Aria - Eating her breakfast, "hummmmm. Mmmmmm. Mmmmm" She likes to eat as much as I do. Go figure.
Steve - His work shoes have a signature percussion effect in the middle of all of this as he scuffs about the kitchen helping get food for everyone. He is a consistent and faithful "beat" for our family.
What is MY part in all of this? Hmmmm.... My parts shift and change depending on the moment: I am the triangle player that gets everyones attention for chores, the trumpet that puts a splash on our home school learning, the violin that comforts and rocks the babies (sometimes I whine...), the piano accompaniment for Steve's ideas and occassionally I get to "direct" the whole ensemble to go to bed and recharge their instruments for another day.
Fine
1 comment:
I LOVE this blog.......awesome! I like that symphony......someday it will be gone....let's enjoy it!
Post a Comment