Friday, October 31, 2008

Trumpet Guy

It was a beautiful fall morning full of schooling in the Mangle home. I had been getting a cold and even still, the Lord blessed us with some great productivity! The Lord always provides, Aubrey has often reminded me! He even provided some comic relief when I chose to sneak up to the computer for a short "Mom break" after I had put baby Aria down for a morning nap. I hadn't been but a few minutes when I heard a honking-blatting-tooting sound echoing up the stair well right past the sleeping baby's door! Alister had located the old bent, dented and abused trumpet handed down to us from the Millers. (Perfect for a musical family with 4 kids!) Thrilled by his discovery, 3 year old Alister decided to march into the front room and demonstrate his musical skills to Aubrey and Austin who were finishing their grammar lessons. Quick as a wink, I flew down the stairs and quickly confiscated the guilty "silence-busting" instrument. Of course, I had to first compliment Alister on his playing as he appears to have a naturally strong embouchure! Maybe we have a trumpet player in the family!? We shall see! Here is a sample of Alister's trumpeting...

2 comments:

Our growing family said...

ahhh...kids and noise! =) cracks me up! I should invest in earplugs now for all the noise that is to come! =)

Rebecca M said...

I think you're right, Carrie Jo- Your little trumpet player is headed for a career in horn blowin'. He does sound good!

We could trade lessons singing/acting/piano lessons for trumpet lessons!

How fun to come here and experience some Mangle Moments!

If I ever get going for reals on my blog you can read about my equally loud kiddos at my blog: www.ashortseason.blogspot.com